Vegan Taste Test

As all of you are probably aware, I'm Vegan and have been for 2 years now. 
Recently my boyfriend Keanu also made the switch over to a Vegan lifestyle (he's about 2 weeks in) so I thought now would be a really good time to try some Veganized versions of food that him and I had enjoyed prior to removing cruelty from our diets.
Both of us have never tried these particular foods before.

Beyond Meat Beast Burger & Green Vie Greek Style Cheese

 

Ashlee: I've had lots of different cheeses before, so by looking at this I can already tell it's going to be weird. It hasn't melted, just curled up at the sides like plastic wrap. But the patty smells so good.

Keanu: It smells like Carl's Jr.

A: The burger is well seasoned, but a bit on the dry side. I'm a sauce person, so I covered it in mustard after the first bite, and the flavors went really well together. It did taste like a chain style beef burger.

K: This is possibly the best pre-made burger patty I've ever had (including real beef patties). Bang on texture and delicious smoky taste. As someone who isn't big on cheese I think the flavor is nice, it's subtle. It didn't melt very well, but it had a nice texture.

A: I hate the cheese. It's so pale and just not 'cheesy'. It also annoys me that I cant figure out what the 'Greek' flavor is meant to be.

Beyond Meat Rating:                                                Green Vie Rating:
A: 9.5/10                                                                      A: 2/10
K :9/10                                                                         K: 6.5/10

Gardein Golden Fishless Fillets

A: This reminds me of LJ's. It's taste and texture is just like a fish patty, I can't believe it actually tastes and smells like fish does!

K: I wouldn't think this isn't real fish unless I had been told. Good amount of batter and not too fishy in flavor.

Rating:
A: 10/10
K: 7/10

Primal Strips Meatless Jerky - Hot & Spicy



A: It's the first time I've ever tried any kind of jerky. I always thought it was kind of gross.

K: I loved beef jerky before, mainly for the texture.

A: It smells almost like licorice, I like the texture but I would not call this 'Hot & Spicy', there's a mild spiced flavor and that's it. I don't like it enough to ever try it again.

K: The texture is not there. It's sweet like licorice with only a little bit of spice, it should be more intense. Not chewy enough, not spicy enough.

Rating:
A: 6/10
K: 5/10

Cleo's Peanut Butter Cup


A: This is meant to be a white chocolate version of Reese's.

K: It smells just like Reese's and melts in your mouth the same way.

A: It's delicious just like I remember. I feel like it's hard to go wrong with peanut butter though.

K: The chocolate is pretty sweet, like candy, which makes this a treat. I couldn't eat loads in one go.

A: I definitely could. The only thing stopping me is the calories.

Rating:
A: 10/10
K: 7.5/10

The Piping Gourmet Whoopie Pie


A: I have a mint flavor. I don't know what these are meant to be, maybe an ice cream sammie?

K: I have vanilla frosting, it's kind of like icing for texture. The cake seems stale. 

A: The cake part is very crumbly, probably because it's gluten free. I like like mint flavoring though.

K: It tastes good, but the filling isn't very vanilla-ry.

Rating:
A: 5/10
K: 6.5/10


Well there you have it! Vegan food rated by Vegans.
If you are keen to try any of this food you can purchase it all online and have it shipped straight to your door from The Cruelty Free Shop.

Happy Hopping,
-Ash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RotoVegas Pt. 1: Christmas Day

A Year in Review

If You Wanna Break These Walls Down You’re Gonna Get Bruised